ANOTHER KIIC EVENT COMING SOON!
The first-ever Thunder Country KIIC Enchanted Trail sponsored by C1st Credit Union is Saturday October 26th from 5-7 in Oskaloosa! This kid-appropriate themed adventure will begin at a scenic stretch beginning at KB Auto and ending with at Stephen’s Memorial Animal Shelter. The trail will be decked out with decorations, lighting, and 10 themed kid-friendly stops along the way – including Avengers, Candyland, Bone Animals, Drac’s Castle and more. Kids (ages 0-12) should bring their candy sacks and are welcome to dress in costume or come as you are!
This is an opportunity for families to get out and get active on this 4 tenths of a mile path – which is undoubtedly one of the most scenic parts of the Oskaloosa Trail System. It is absolutely FREE due to the gracious support from Community 1st Credit Union.
Here are some additional details!
- Not scary – Age appropriate for kids 0-12
- Park at KB-Auto (across from Frosty Udder) This is the start location. (Turn in at H&S Feed)
- Ride the C1st train at Stephen’s Memorial Animal Shelter
- Additional treats at Stephen’s – take an optional tour or meet some of the pets!
- Shuttles (10-15 Transit and other) will take you back to your car at KB Auto or you can walk the .4 mile back
- Sorry – YOUR pets are not allowed, no exceptions.
- Strollers welcome, but no bikes
- Path will be closed to normal traffic during this time.
- Path is concrete, and minimal incline – fall colors galore!
- There will be an optional donation bucket at Stephens with all proceeds to the shelter
- Rain or Shine (if its light rain- no lightning)